These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms which apply to the provision of driving tuition by Paul Loader of Paul’s Automatic Driving School to students that require such tuition; and where the Student is a “Consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Terms and Conditions
1. You must pay for all of your automatic driving lessons either; in advance, at beginning of a lesson or pay for a block of driving lessons. You may pay for lessons; in cash, online, bank transfer or by using PayM. No credit will be given for any automatic driving lessons.
2. You must always give 48 hours notice to cancel a lesson or you will still be required to pay for the missed / cancelled lesson in full. Exception circumstances will be taken into account.
3. You must always make sure you are in a fit state to drive when taking any lesson. You must not be fatigued, or under the influence of alcohol, legal or illegal drugs. You must ensure that nothing will impair you driving or judgement.
4. You must turn your mobile device onto silent during driving lessons.
5. You must advice instructor if your licence becomes invalid in anyway, or if you have any prosecutions pending.
6. You must always follow instructions when diving, even as a learner you have a responsibility to ensure you drive safely. You must obey all speed limits and rules of the road as directed by your instructor.
7. If you damage the vehicle in anyway due to negligence then you maybe required to pay for any damages caused.
8. You must not book a driving test without asking the instructor if they feel you are ready for a test. Do not assume that you can use the tuition car for a test without permission and the car may be withheld for a test if the instructor feels that you are not at a safe enough standard.
9. The instructor may from time to time need to cancel, change or re-time a lesson if it is necessary for the smooth running of the driving school and to accommodate other pupils requirement. (Such as driving tests etc)
10. The driving school or instructor is not responsible for any cancelations made by the DVSA.
11. Any damaged caused to the interior of the vehicle through soiling will require a student to clean to a sufficient standard, or a pupil maybe required to pay for a valet to correct any damages caused. This particular applies to any bodily fluids.
12. Use of the Total Drive App is free for all pupils to use, it is strongly recommend that all pupils take advantage of the app and it’s features. The app and booking system belongs to ‘Total Drive’ and there is no connection between Paul’s Automatic Driving School and Total Drive (Hoot Media). The use of the app maybe withdrawn at anytime.
13. Data, information will be held on pupils such as; name, address, phone, email, date of birth, lesson progress reports. No personal data is ever shared with any 3rd party companies. You data is stored and looked after by ‘Total Drive‘ (Hoot Media).
Before making online payments please ensure that you have an actual lesson booked and have been accepted as a pupil by the driving school. As payments made without a confirmed lessons may result in your fee being lost.
1a) Any lessons paid for in advance either online, Paym, Bank Transfer; are not refundable. Payments must not be made unless you have been accepted as a pupil and have a lesson booked and confirmed.
1b) All pupils should note that any advance payments made equates to a contact between the pupil and the driving school. Should a contract be completed by passing the driving test with Paul Loader’s Automatic Driving School then a refund maybe issued for a remaining balance but a fee of £20 will be charged to cover admin and expenses.
1c) Any items purchased from the online store can only be refunded if it can be proven that the item is broken or faulty before it is used or removed from any packaging. Items are all checked before being posted. Any claims for items damaged in the post should be made directly to the post office or other carrier.
1d) Any claims for refunds should be made in accordance with the terms and conditions.
2) At least 48 hours notice must be given to cancel or change a lessons once booked, failure to do so may mean you be will charged the lesson fee in full.
Terms and conditions
Before making any payments or booking any lessons with Paul Loader’s Automatic Driving School please ensure you have read the terms and conditions.
Contact Driving School
Paul’s Automatic Driving School
201 Paddock Road
Tel: 07854 245494
The driving school collect the following data.
- Your first name and last name
- Your date of birth
- Your full address and postcode
- Your driving licence number
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your learning progress
- Driving test information
- Payments and payment methods
- Appointments and lessons taken
How your data is stored
Your legal rights
Paul Loader’s Automatic Driving School may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with a summons or when your actions are deemed criminal or in violation of our Terms of Service. Apart from this your data is not shared.It is your legal right to ask to see your data or to request a copy. This is very easily done if you are a pupil as it can be shown to you at anytime during one of your driving lessons. If you are a previous pupils you can send an email to us to request the information and it will be provided to you.
Data that cannot be deleted
Please note that some data cannot be deleted for legal reasons. ‘Your full name’ cannot be deleted as this will be needed for the driving schools financial records and to provide evidence of the driving schools earning to the tax office. But all other data that has been collected can be completely and permanently deleted.
Sending a message through the online forms
When you fill in any of the online webforms on the driving schools website you will need to provide your name, address, phone number and email, this is used so that you can be contacted and your enquiry can be processed. This information is not stored or used for any other purposes. You details maybe kept for a period of time if you have requested to join the waiting list etc.
Terminating your driving tuition
Information on the website has been used with permission. This includes testimonials, photographs and references made to named students passed and present. Students have the right to opt out of having their photographs displayed on the website at any time.
Paul Loader’s Automatic Driving School may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with a summons or when your actions are deemed criminal or in violation of our Terms of Service. Apart from this your data is not shared.
The tuition car is fitted with dashcams to record what is happening outside of the vehicle, it does not record any sound. This is used as evidence the case of any accidents or incidents. It is not shared on any social media or other public or private platforms. Paul Loader’s Automatic Driving School may disclose this as evidence under special circumstances, such as to comply with a summons or when a persons actions are deemed criminal or in violation of the law.